Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Gratitude.

Hello. Today, I thought it would be nice to share some words of gratitude. I know that I may seem to grumble on an on at times and I can certainly appear pretty pessimistic, but I am grateful for so many things.
Source
One of the things that I have really enjoyed lately is sitting out in our front yard, watching C run through the sprinklers, draw on our driveway with sidewalk chalk, or play in his little swimming pool.  Usually at this point in the year, we have super hot and humid days that make you run for the air conditioning, but we've lucked out and had some really lovely weather over the last few weeks.
Source
Another thing for which I am grateful is C's summer school program.  C will start kindergarten in August and our school system has offered a "Kinder Prep Academy" this summer.  I'll admit, I have really enjoyed the large chunks of free time, but I what I appreciate even more is the fact that he has had a great time.  I think that most parents worry about their children's first exposure to "real" school, but C has really benefited from and enjoyed this summer program.
Source
Finally, I'm thankful for the fact that we are days away from the end of June and that means it's almost pay day!  Now before you think I'm just being greedy, let me explain.   I don't receive a paycheck in the month of June and that's a big hardship for our little family.   We worked really hard to stick to our (very-stripped-down) budget this month (with few exceptions) and it feels good to be closing in on the finish line.  J feels like he's going to turn into a tuna fish sandwich and I am almost tired of peanut butter--something that I never thought could happen!

So, there you have it!  A little Sunday gratitude.  I hope that you all have a good day. 

P.S.  Wish us luck because I think C is about to lose his first tooth.  There is blood and he's a bit freaked out!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Does C know about the visit from the Tooth Fairy? That used to calm me down! I also know the feeling about waiting for "pay day". I wait for the begnning of the month rather eagerly. :) xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. An attitude of gratitude can make everything better! :) That academy sounds like a great idea. Any way that you can make that first school experience a better one is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete