Don't get me wrong. Things are happening around here. Big important things like...
- C finishing up his first week of summer school! He likes it. He really likes it. He's been tired and slightly confused by the school lunches, but I haven't had to yell at him and/or coerce in order to get him ready for school every day and that says a lot! I'm so glad that he seems to enjoy it and I'm praying that this trend continues.
- I've been enjoying my large chunks of free time, though I have a confession: I don't quite know what to do with myself. I mess around with little things (working a bit, checking email, doing laundry, etc.) when I should be tackling big projects. I'm just not used to this new schedule yet. Yesterday I sat down and created a routine for myself, but so far today I have completely ignored it. Would you like to know why? Because I made exercise the first item on my agenda and I have never, ever been able to workout first thing in the morning. That's why.
- You'll be happy to know that I have kept my commitment to exercise every day (so far) this week. I worked out with Leslie on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and yesterday--for a change of pace--I walked outside. Today I may mow the front yard. I am not fit or perky yet, but I'm sticking with it. The thing is: I don't really feel motivated to work out until about 11AM. Perhaps I'm lazy. Perhaps I just have to wait for the caffeine to kick in. For whatever reason, this seems to be when I'm getting it done.
- Working out at 11AM is inconvenient. Perhaps as I get used to doing it everyday my workout mojo will move to an earlier time slot? We'll see.
- What else? Summer school started and it seems to be going well so far.
- I started cleaning out our garage yesterday. Exciting, isn't it?