I haven't been a very good blogger lately and here are some reasons why:
- My classes ended (Hallelujah!) and I was busy grading projects and figuring final grades.
- Just after sending off my grades, the tornado hit Joplin and I found myself overwhelmed by the news coming out of there. Frankly, I found myself thinking that it's pretty silly to post about my latest yard sale find when--less than two hours away--many people have lost everything. So many people have lost their loved ones. It kind of makes my little blog seem trivial and pointless.
- C officially finished preschool. We went to graduation, handed out some "thank you" gifts to his teachers, and tried to process the fact that we can no longer call him a "preschooler."
- We have a little over a week before C begins a summer kindergarten prep program at his elementary school and, on Friday, we began this break by having one of the worst days of parenting I have ever experienced. Four (five? six?) rounds of time-out. Daddy home late. Legos banished to the garage. Big blue ball (kicked inside the house one too many times) thrown into the backyard when what I really wanted to do was stab it with a steak knife. It was a bad, bad, no good kind of day and I'm glad it's over.
- Saturday and Sunday were marginally better.
- Now it's time to prep for my summer semester. It begins one week from today and I have a lot to do. I'm not feeling quite motivated yet, but I'm sure that I'll feel inspired any minute now.
- I've been really busy plotting and planning all of the exciting things I'm going to do while C is having fun at summer school (e.g., sewing, painting, decorating, reading, napping...)