Should it be more crafty? Should I focus on decorating?
Should it be the manifesto of a slightly crazy work-at-home-mom who could stand to lose some significant poundage?
Should I just come clean and tell you that "our happy little home" isn't always happy and that my husband and son frequently drive me crazy (though I'm sure they never tire of me!) and that I have a dog that makes me scream (and contemplate homicide) at least 12 times each day and that I have no idea where my life is headed?
I used to think that I wanted to sell my crafts online and that a blog would be a good way to connect with people as part of that goal. I felt like I wanted this blog to focus on only the pretty and the happy parts of my life.
But more and more lately, I just want to talk about bits of everyday life like...
- how great it is to sit outside and watch my son run through the sprinklers.
- how frustrating it can be to parent a six-year-old boy.
- how I can't wait to see my first lightening bugs of the summer.
- how tired I am of being so broke all the time
- how proud I am that we have (mostly) stuck to our budget this month.
- how I really need to find another job when my son goes to kindergarten this fall
- how I really don't want to find another job when my son goes to kindergarten this fall.
- how I feel like I am constantly struggling to find a balance between happy and crazy.
- how I still struggle with what the heck to make for dinner each and every single night!
- how I am just trying to figure out what on earth I should be doing with my life...
What do you think? Should I just stick to the pretty and happy or is reality okay too?