Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just Checking In.

Hello Everyone!  I thought that I would take a minute (and quite possibly jinx myself in doing so) to say that things on the school front are much, much better.  At the end of last week, we discovered the magic of walking into school with a friend and it has made all the difference.  A few tears in the eyes, but none shed and it seems to get a little better every day.

In other news, I had to go to a doctor's appointment today.  You know the one.  As I waited for 23 minutes, wrapped in a paper sheet, I found myself asking one important question over and over again:  Why do they have you put on the gown with the opening in the back? 

Everything they want to check is in the front, right? 
So wouldn't it make sense to have robes instead of gowns? 

I mean, just when you finally feel like you have everything securely fastened and are sitting in such a way that there is not too much of a breeze, the doctor comes in and disassembles all of your handiwork. 

Maybe they think that the relief of the doctor finally showing up and, therefore, allowing you to shift from the uncomfortable position you've been very carefully holding for 23 minutes will make the exam less awkward?

I wonder if they have conducted sociological and/or psychological studies on this topic? 
I wonder if I could design a more female-friendly hospital gown that would revolutionize gynocological care.

I wonder why I'm still thinking about this instead of taking a nap.

Clearly something is wrong with me.

3 comments:

  1. I am with you, Tricia. Never made sense to me, but since most of this stuff is designed for/by men, that could be the answer. lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely one day they'll come up with a full body scan and you won't even have to get undressed for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a nice, fluffy, bath robe would be nice! I'd even bring my own. It makes much more sense. Just cozy up for the 23 min and the open it in the front.

    Glad school is going better!

    ReplyDelete