|I got this recipe from a friend I once worked with, but it looks like it is originally from Taste of Home. |
Who knew? Here's the link: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Warm-Bacon-Cheese-Spread
This week the focus is on Appetizers and my favorite of all time is Warm Bacon Cheese Spread. This might be better suited for fall and winter get-togethers rather than 90-degree summer BBQs, but it's just so good that I have to share. So here goes:
- 1 round loaf of sourdough bread
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Cut the top off of the loaf of bread and carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a one-inch shell.
- Cut the bread that you have removed into cubes and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Worcestershire sauce until combined.
- Stir in the bacon and onions.
- Spoon into the bread shell.
- Wrap in a piece of foil and bake at 325 degrees for one hour (or until heated through).
- Serve with bread cubes, veggies, and crackers.
Okay. I'm officially hungry now!
Have a great weekend!
I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner...