Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Miscellany.

I haven't posted in a bit.  Things around here have been less than exciting, but here is a recap for those of you playing at home: (teehee)
  • We took C to an Ice Cream Social for incoming Kindergarten students.  He loved the elementary school and asked "Do I really get to go to school here?"  J and I were slightly freaked out.  It finally hit home that he'll be going to school soon.
  • We got signed up for spring soccer and C proclaimed that--this year--he will not spend all of his time playing in the dirt and picking flowers.  He's going to "help my team win the game."  We'll see.
  • I made a mental note to buy new running shoes for C and another one to dig out the lawn chair and blankets for me.  Spring soccer = lots of running (or flower picking) for the kids, but lots of sitting in the cold for the parents.
  • I went shopping on Saturday and discovered that the only things I really liked were purses and necklaces.  What I really needed to find were shirts and shoes.  Now what?
  • I started painting the living room/dining room/kitchen/halls last night and I'm a bit worried that the color is too dark.  I was hoping that seeing it in the daylight would help me to make up my mind, but it's so cloudy today that I still have no idea what it really looks like.
  • I gave up sweets for Lent and I'm currently feeling about 24% homicidal.  It's early yet.
  • C has a cold (AGAIN) and is beyond crabby.
  • I am officially on spring break this week, though in reality I have to prep the second half of the semester, compute midterm grades, and return countless emails. 
And because I don't want to leave this on a work-related sour note, I'm going to think of 10 things that make me happy:
  1. Coffee
  2. Daffodils
  3. Sunshine
  4. Fabric
  5. Reading for fun
  6. Blogs
  7. Hardy house plants
  8. Taking a nap on a rainy Sunday afternoon (Oh, yes I did!)
  9. Being cozy at home when it's cold and rainy outside
  10. My sweet, sick, crazy, crabby boy
C is currently racing around the house on the dog food container. 
A container with wheels + a boy = Impending doom.
Happy Monday!

P.S. C just gave me a ticket for being a "mean" mom and not letting him go to school on Mondays and Wednesdays anymore (long story).  It will cost me "one penny, eight quarters, and one dollar" to pay for it.  Good times!

P.P.S. He just told me that "one penny, eight quarters, and one dollar" means I owe him "three dollars and one cent."  Holy cow!  Is it just me or is this five-year-old a counting prodigy?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are doing fine!!! I can't believe we came south and it snowed, but was warm in Iowa!!!! Talk about dumb luck!

    ReplyDelete