Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday!

Well.  We've almost made it through the week and I am so, so glad that it's Friday.

Yesterday was a better day at school.  C only got kicked off the "quiet quilt" once during circle time so I'll count that as a success.   J complimented C on his good day and C said, "Thank you.  I'm just glad we don't have to have another one of those meetings."  Ah, parenting is a delight.

In other news, we have a new sheet metal building going up in town and I'm anxious to hear what it's going to be.  We already have three auto part stores, four pawn shops, and 27 convenience stores so I'm pretty sure that it's going to be something great like...Ikea?  Perhaps a Pottery Barn?  At the very least, a Target???  I'll keep you posted.  This is riveting stuff, I know.

Finally... The other night I heard the sad news that Melissa Gilbert and Bruce Boxleitner are divorcing.  It's always sad to see a long marriage end.  Seriously sad.   But I have to admit that if I was a single gal, I'd be giving Bruce a call right about now.  Because when I was 18, my college friends and I would tune in every afternoon to watch reruns of Scarecrow and Mrs. King (after all of our homework was completed, of course) and we all had a huge crush on "Lee Stetson."  In my mind he still looks like this...


...and I'm still 18.  In reality, he's looking a lot like Bill Clinton and I'm looking a lot like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.  Oh well!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment