Friday, March 25, 2011

I am not Sophisticated.


Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Lauren Bacall, Elizabeth Taylor
Yesterday, I heard Elizabeth Taylor described as "sophisticated" and it struck me that no one would ever describe me in that way.  I am not sophisticated--unless the meaning of "sophisticated" has suddenly been changed to mean "goofy."

Then I thought about other words that have never been used to describe me:  Graceful. Neat. Elegant.  Brilliant. Put-together. Glamorous. Decisive. Quiet.

And I'm okay with that.

But there are other words that I wish could be used.  Words like:  Patient. Generous. Optimistic. Grateful. Brave. Daring. Creative. Well-read. Content. Energetic.

I would also settle for:
Thin.
Beautiful.
Rich.                : )

It's not an altogether pleasant thing to stop and think about how I might be perceived by others. 
Or how I perceive myself. 

But it is good to know that I can work on myself.  I can take positive steps to improve myself.  We all can.

See?  That's me being optimistic. 


P.S.  You'll find a lot of "interesting" things if you do a google search for "sophistication."  This is my favorite:


Source:  http://www.akacrasher.com/stuff/FAIL/

1 comment:

  1. That's really funny. Yeah...I really don't know what people would say about me. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete