- C was home from school (again!) due to "inclement" weather, but his friend M (and M's mom and baby brother) came over to play and we really enjoyed having a break from the regularly scheduled snow day schedule.
- I'm happy to report that our ice maker has made a spontaneous recovery. We have no idea what happened--why it stopped or why it started again.
- I secretly believe that the recovery occured when the ice maker saw the three ice trays I had filled and realized that we were serious about not paying to have it fixed.
- Either that or my spur-of-the-moment-freezer-cleaning--required for the previously mentioned ice trays--inspired the ice maker to "live its best life." Not sure which.
- C just announced that I "officially have a great kid who does a lot of housework" and added that, "your kid is the best cleaner in the whole house."
- This announcement comes as he scrubs the front of our refrigerator with water and his "special soap ingredient."
- He's now moving on to the oven door and microwave.
- Will C's cleaning technique result in major streaks on our black appliances? Yes.
- Do I care? Not so much.
- Is my apathy the result of three snow days in a row? Probably.
- One last thought: If our school district closes school for three days when we receive two inches of snow, how many days would they be closed if we received one foot?
- Yeah, I don't know either!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
What we've been up to today.
The day is almost over--where did it go?