Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Pins / Happy Colors.

A few weeks ago I was ready to scream!  My house was crazy cluttered and I felt like all of the "stuff" was driving me bonkers.  I think that I announced (though maybe just in my mind) that I was taking the neutral route, removing all of the color from my living areas so that a sense of calm could prevail.

I went neutral.  I posted pictures of my new, tone on tone, china cabinet and I really liked it that way.  I still do.  But...

...cue the gray skies...

After a week without sunshine, I was ready to finger paint our walls with primary colors.  I considered painting our kitchen cabinets chartreuse.  And I started pinning things like this:

Source:  Pinterest via Melvonna Collier; originally from Better Homes & Gardens
Pinned Image
Source:  Pinterest via Jennifer Kershner; Original source:  designsponge.com
Pinned Image
Source:  Pinterest via Jemm; Original source:  night-onthe-run.tumblr.com
Pinned Image
Source:  Pinterest via Jemm; Original Source:  countryliving.com
Pinned Image
Source:  Pinterest via Danielle Dzioba; Original Source:  marthastewartweddings.com
Pinned Image
Source:  Pinterest via Missy Harding; Original Source:  sthouzz.com
It has occurred to me that perhaps I am not a neutral and calm person.  Or perhaps I am too neutral and calm and I need some color to WAKE ME UP.  Either way, I have decided to add some color to my home.  I really am working on it and I promise that, this week, I will post some pictures to prove it.

For the first time in a long time, I feel like I have a picture of what I want to do with our home and it feels fun to put my ideas into action.  Slowly, but surely I'll get it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment