You know that old song that says rainy days and Mondays always get me down? Well, today is rainy and it's Monday so I'm having a bit of a struggle.
Where are you sunshine??? Don't you want to be friends anymore?
- We had a nice weekend. The rain cleared a bit and C was able to complete his second soccer game of the season. For those of you keeping score at home, that means that we have completed 2 out of 5 games.
- We went to "town" after his game and I was able to shop for fabric and other crafting supplies with only minor/major grumbling from my boys. I have learned that when you live 40 minutes from any major shopping venues, it is best to (A) Go alone; or (B) Strategically plan your shopping attack to minimize boy grumbling and maximize your cute fabric to stop ratio. If you know what I mean.
In case you are wondering, here is my Grumble Rating Scale:
- No Grumbling: Occurs only when I go shopping by myself
- Minor Grumbling: Generally occurs when I suggest a stop (e.g., Target) that holds some interest to J and C (such as toys or electronics), but that wouldn't have been on their list if I wasn't shopping with them.
- Minor/Major Grumbling: This weekend provides a good example--I spent 20 minutes in Joann's while they waited in the car. By the time I had finished, J was convinced that I had been in the store for at least 60 minutes and C announced that he was ready to go home.
- Major Grumbling: Often occurs when one or both is hungry, it's the Christmas shopping season, and/or I require some type of assistance in my shopping plans (e.g., Can you help me carry this?)
- Major/Major Grumbling: May occur when C is forced to spend time in a fabric store and/or J is asked his opinion about something I am considering for our house. This is to be avoided as much as possible!
- I'm (mostly) kidding. J and C are usually pretty nice and patient about my "stops" and I return the favor by waiting patiently for them as they explore places filled with comic books, video games, and Star Wars figures.
Come on out sun! I'm ready to frolic!