- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (sometimes I just use the minced garlic that comes in a jar)
- 1 tablespoon oil (it calls for canola, but I usually use EVOO because it's handy)
- 2 cans (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes w/ green chilies ("Rotel" tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, saute' onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, chilies, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of mixture onto each flour tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
These are so good and if you replace the tortilla with a few tortilla chips, a little lettuce, and some salsa--you have a bean taco salad! So good! I even like to make extra because it freezes well.
Original Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/black-bean-soft-tacos/Detail.aspx
Linking up to Tasty Tuesdays over at 33 Shades of Green...