Monday, October 17, 2011

Homework: Living Room Edition.

Remember the other day when I was trying to figure out how to decorate that wall in my living room?  You don't?  Well, anywho, I finally finished it.  I won't go into detail about how long it took me to decide on an arrangement (an embarrassingly long time) and I won't talk about the fact that I'm still not 100% sold on it (because I'm done, done, done with it).  I will just show some pictures and resign myself to the fact that home decor might not be (definitely isn't) my cup of tea.

This view shows the whole wall and table.  Historically, this table has been a dumping ground.  To the right of the table is our garage entry and to the left is our front door.  This table sees its share of keys, cell phones, school papers (Oh!  The school papers!  Elementary schools certainly do their share of deforestation, don't they?) and lunch bags.  Trying to pretty it up certainly has my husband confused.

 

I used what I had and I tried to use only the things that I really, really love.  This little house is one of my favorite things.  I got it several years ago on a trip to Iowa. 


I also really love this little pomegranate picture.  I found it at a flea market about a year ago and I wish that I could find more little original artworks like this.


The "family" definition is likely to be changed out for something more interesting, but I really like the polka dot background for now. 

 


Paper patchy goodness...I'm liking neutral colors right now, can you tell?


Both of the plates on this wall came from Iowa.  I seem to find the most interesting things there.  I have a favorite antique store in Kalona that I look forward to visiting every summer.


Who can resist a tiny little plate?



The butterfly print was a gift from my husband.  I finally found just the right spot for it and it only took me 15 months or so.  Can you see that I spruced up my lampshade?  Hot glue gun and ribbon = One of my favorite activities.



Here is my spot for stashing my keys, sunglasses, and phone.  Please note the "old school" phone.  It's a sad day when your parents are more technologically advanced than you are.  Yes, I said it Mom and Dad.  It's a sad day!  I can just imagine you, sitting all smug there reading this blog post on your smart phones...But, I digress.

One chore checked off the old October to do list.  Looking at the calendar makes me think that I need to get hopping if I'm going to be able to check off any others...

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I think it sounds corny when people say "I love what you've done with the place", but I LOOOVE what you've done with the place! It really looks nice. I need you to come over and tell me what to do with my "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you guys! Such nice comments totally make my day!!!

    ReplyDelete