- the sun was shining.
- I took my car to the "car doctor" and discovered that every last thing that is wrong with it is covered by our warranty!
- I had an unexpected, but lovely lunch date with my husband.
- our son came home with a very good report card. I'm so happy! And a little relieved.
- I tried not to freak out over the fact that my baby is half way through kindergarten!
- I finished reading The Help. I really loved it. Now, I'm ready to see the movie.
- I ignored the fact that our Christmas tree is still up! All ornaments are put away. Every other Christmas decoration has found its way back into storage, but the Christmas tree? Still up.
- I thought about decorating my tree with Valentine's day ornaments. I'm pretty sure that Jason will be opposed, but I might find support amongst the kid contingent.
- I made zero progress on my housekeeping and redecorating projects.
- I wondered why my face is breaking out the way it did when I was 16.. .
- I wondered if they still make Sea Breeze... (I checked. They do.)
- I decided that it might be time to find a good skin care line for the 40-year-old woman who not only needs to combat wrinkles, spots, and dark circles, but also acne. Any advice?
- I considered joining the battle to have my name added to the Virginia primary ballot. I'm pretty sure that I can turn this country around if someone will just give me a chance. : )
- I chuckled at that thought until I realized that running for office might just be my best chance for finding a new job. Let's examine my credentials: I'm old enough. I'm a U.S. citizen (with a birth certificate to prove it). I look a lot like Newt Gingrich. I don't have any really great ideas, but I like to talk a lot. My memory of U.S./World history & geography may be a bit shaky, but I'm pretty good at shifting blame to other people. I really, really like meetings--especially the kind where you don't really get anything done, but you get to eat really nice pastries. Hmmm... I'll keep working on this.
Monday, January 9, 2012