Thursday, January 12, 2012

They've Got Me Surrounded.

Good Morning!  Here I sit, surrounded by the contents of my china cabinet. 
It turns out that I've been avoiding this particular cleaning/organizational task for a reason.  It's bad.  Really bad.  I found: 
  • Fiestaware (plates, platters, serving dishes, two gravy boats!)
  • Wedding china (very pretty, though sadly never once used in the last 8 years)
  • Stemware (I have approximately 30 wine glasses and only two have ever been used)
  • Five deviled egg plates
  • Four teapots
  • 22 clear jars & bottles
  • a hammer
  • two measuring tapes
  • two ice picks
  • Two dogs, a rooster, a hen, a bear, and a duck
Add in about 273 other serving dishes or miscellaneous items and you'd have a pretty good idea of the mess I have created.  The hardest part is knowing where to put it all.  I don't really want to get rid of these things, but I only have 8 kitchen cabinets so the bottom portion of this cabinet could be really handy for extra casserole dishes and small appliances--things that I use all of the time.  I'm thinking that the best choice is to box up a lot of the pretties that I'm not going to use for decorating right now and store them in the garage or attic.  Not the most exciting way to spend my day, but I think that it will be nice to reclaim this cabinet! 

So day two of dining area chaos begins. Please don't feel jealous of my exciting life!

What do you have planned for today?

1 comment:

  1. OMG Tricia! Who needs FIVE deviled egg plates? I don't even have one! And start using that china!

    ReplyDelete