Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pinned It and Did It!

I'll admit it:  I wasn't a huge fan of Pinterest when I first found it.  It seemed difficult to use and I just couldn't understand what all of the fuss was about.  But then I tried it again and I found it to be much more user-friendly. 

And now?  Well, now I'm a Pinterest junkie.  I love looking at all of the creative ideas that exist in the world and it inspires me to try new things. 

I found this cute little birdie one day and thought that it looked like just the kind of quick and easy project I like:
Pinned Image
Source:  Pinterest via Yuzo Fujii; Original Source:  Misseskwitty's Flickr Photostream
So...I made one.  Oh, yeah.  I finally made something that I had pinned!

Here's my version:


My little bird now lives on top of our TV cabinet:


I'm having fun adding little accents around our home.  Even better?  Using stuff that I already have. 

It makes me feel better about my borderline-hoarding of craft supplies.  : )

1 comment:

  1. I love your birdie! So cute. I admit I rarely make anything I find there either. It has mostly, if not always, been recipes that I've tried. Somehow it is still inspiring even though I don't always use what I see.

    ReplyDelete