- My grandpa got sick last week and passed away on Saturday. He was 90 and lived a good, long life. He'll be missed very much.
- Connor has had a double ear infection since last Friday and missed three days of school this week.
- Yesterday was my grandpa's funeral.
- It also happened to be my 40th birthday.
- I am sicker than I have been in a long time.
- Jason is sicker than he has been in a long time, too.
- We're blaming Connor for sharing his germs with us. : ]
- I slept six straight hours last night (from 9pm-3am) and that felt nice.
- Connor didn't start coughing last night until 3 and then, after about 30 minutes, he stopped. This is major progress!
- I listened to CSPAN from 3-5am and learned all about the British media investigation and the candidates nominated by President Obama for positions with the Federal Communication Commission. There really isn't much on at this time of the morning. My choices came down to CSPAN, The Nanny, or an infomercial for The Shark vacuum cleaner and I thought CSPAN had the best likelihood of putting me to sleep...
- I slept from 5-6:45am and when I woke up, I was able to swallow without too much effort so that was progress, too.
So far, 40 feels a lot harder than 39, but I'm not going to give up on it just yet.
It's bound to get better, right?