Thursday, January 13, 2011

What we've been up to today.

The day is almost over--where did it go? 
  • C was home from school (again!) due to "inclement" weather, but his friend M (and M's mom and baby brother) came over to play and we really enjoyed having a break from the regularly scheduled snow day schedule.
  • I'm happy to report that our ice maker has made a spontaneous recovery.  We have no idea what happened--why it stopped or why it started again.
  • I secretly believe that the recovery occured when the ice maker saw the three ice trays I had filled and realized that we were serious about not paying to have it fixed. 
  • Either that or my spur-of-the-moment-freezer-cleaning--required for the previously mentioned ice trays--inspired the ice maker to "live its best life."  Not sure which.
  • C just announced that I "officially have a great kid who does a lot of housework" and added that, "your kid is the best cleaner in the whole house." 
  • This announcement comes as he scrubs the front of our refrigerator with water and his "special soap ingredient."
  • He's now moving on to the oven door and microwave. 
  • Will C's cleaning technique result in major streaks on our black appliances?  Yes.
  • Do I care?  Not so much.
  • Is my apathy the result of three snow days in a row?  Probably.
  • One last thought:  If our school district closes school for three days when we receive two inches of snow, how many days would they be closed if we received one foot?
  • Yeah, I don't know either!

No comments:

Post a Comment