Thursday, July 21, 2011

a whole lot of random.

Hi there!  It's been a week since C and I returned from our vacation to Iowa.  We had a great time in the land of corn. We even ate some corn, though rumor has it that it was from Florida--not Iowa.  Strange, right?

I have started to post at least four times.  Why haven't you heard from me then?  Because I can't actually think of anything to talk about that will be of interest to anyone.  Read on and you'll see what I mean.  : ) 

I have been in a state of limbo for the last several days.  Here is the situation:
Unpacked?  {check}
Laundry completed?  {no, but it never really is}
Caught up on work?  {mostly}
Ready to start new projects?  {absolutely not!}

You may not have heard, but it's very hot outside.  I'm amused by everyone's shock about this.  It's the end of July.  Were we expecting snow? 

The only thing that I can get excited about is stitching.  It's all I want to do, but my family and students are seriously cutting into my punchy punchneedle time.  They have unrealistic expectations about things like dinner preparedness and paper grading.

We have a new remote control for the TV.  I thought that you would want to know.

What else? C starts kindergarten four weeks from today. That means that it is seriously time to lose the baby weight. Ha!!!

Lastly, my hair is falling out at an alarming rate.  I just talked to a nurse at my doctor's office and she says that it is normal and that the same thing happened to her.  She said that her hair even came back thicker and shinier.  I'm praying {seriously} for the same.  I know that it may seem lame to pray about hair growth, but I'm not ready to be bald yet.  Perhaps if it gets any hotter outside, I'll change my mind.

I do have a couple of ideas, though, for when/if I lose every last strand:
Source:  www.greatwigs.co.uk
or
Source:  http://www.ehairexperts.com/
What do you think? I'm kindof leaning towards Dolly, but the other look is rather sassy. 

Have a great afternoon!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia, glad you had a great vacation, my hair is thinning due to hormones but I am mid 50's, I really would love to get extensions but they are costly. I take my biotin everyday and pray pray pray! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm loving the wigs. I've lost a lot of hair too in the last few years. I find that it happens more when I'm under lots of stress. So, maybe you need to take it easy? Totally NOT lame to pray about hair. After all He knows the number of hairs on our head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny....but so normal! So often, I think, what can possibly blog about?! Especially when this darn iPad changes my words...but wait! That cold be the subject of a blog! Teehee....
    Keep on keeping on....life goes one. Kids grow and we grow (oh, no!). Days zoom by-but we don't grow older...do we?!
    I really enjoyed your post.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you realize the iPad changed a few words...and figure out what they should be....Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments! I'm glad that my randomness was okay today. I guess I probably should have said that my hair loss is probably the result of hormonal changes after the hysterectomy I had a couple of years ago--though I also can't rule out stress. It's pretty awful, but I'm trying to keep it in perspective! :)

    ReplyDelete